How to disable Remote Access Tools
The use of our software in the presence of Remote Access Tools, or tools that enable users to access a different device remotely, is now strictly prohibited per section 4.3.2 in our T&Cs:
“The use of any tool or software that allows players to remotely access another computer or operating system environment (such as Team Viewer) is strictly prohibited. This rule ensures that players do not gain an unfair advantage by accessing unauthorized resources.”
Disabling Remote Access tools
Please note that this process only removes the browser extension and not the Chrome Remote Desktop application itself, which may be installed on your computer as a separate application.
1. Open the Google Chrome web browser on the computer where you have Chrome Remote Desktop installed.
2. Click on the three vertical dots (menu icon) on the top-right corner of the Chrome window to open the Chrome menu.
3. From the menu, select “More tools” and then choose “Extensions.”
4. In the Extensions page, locate the “Chrome Remote Desktop” extension.
5. To uninstall the extension, click the “Remove” button next to it.
6. You’ll see a confirmation pop-up asking if you want to remove the extension. Click “Remove” again to confirm.
This will uninstall the Chrome Remote Desktop extension from your Google Chrome browser, which effectively disables it.
Uninstalling the Desktop Application:
Be aware that removing the application will also affect your ability to use it for remote access. Ensure this is your intent before proceeding.
1. On your Windows computer, go to “Settings” or “Control Panel.”
2. Navigate to “Apps” or “Programs and Features.”
3. Look for “Chrome Remote Desktop” in the list of installed programs.
4. Select “Chrome Remote Desktop,” and then click the “Uninstall” or “Remove” button.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
After these steps, Chrome Remote Desktop should be uninstalled from your computer.